Monday, May 15, 2017

June Puppy - An Equation of Almost Infinite Complexity

The passage of the 2017 E. Pluribus Anus rules changes coupled with the Sad Puppies breaking the leash and wandering away from the Hugo yard means that there really aren't a whole lot of official Puppy options to choose from these days.  You probably noticed that already, given how the Club's selections run more toward the Appendix N end of the spectrum than the Puppy end.  Well, now you know why.

But that's an explanation, not an excuse, and there's really no excuse for not selecting the ONE best novel nomination by either camp.  Which means that J. Mulrooney's An Equation of Almost Infinite Complexity, the Rabid Puppy selection for best novel, is now the Puppy of the Month selection for June.

This is one of those fun novels that I fully intend to dive into completely blind.  All I know is that if it's good enough for the Supreme Dark Lord, it's good enough for the Club.   

3 comments:

  1. Didn't expect that. Could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great timing! I'm about 1/3 into the book right now. At this point, I'll just say, this story is odd, quirky, and intriguing as all get out. I look forward to seeing other folks' impressions.

    JWM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm halfway through, and I'm still on the fence with this one. It reminds me a lot of "A Confederacy of Dunces".

    ReplyDelete